We want to thank local business leaders Brian Basil, Kaz Unalan, and Cathy Strauss, and the City's Joe Henderson, and Steven Schoeny, for their participation in last Thursday's UA Small Business Town Hall: Surviving the Coronavirus. Owners of small businesses throughout UA joined the discussion online to get timely advice on lease negotiation, stimulus funding, payroll issues, and more.
Three high-level takeaways from the discussion:
• While it is possible to work directly with the Small Business Association to access emergency and stimulus funding, it may be more effective to work with your banker to navigate the requirements and complete the necessary forms.
• Ohio Governor DeWine signed an executive order that directly affects rent payments, evictions, and mortgage loans for small businesses.
Read the signed Executive Order
• The Families First Coronavirus Response Act has a specific expemption for small businesses.
Learn more about the FFCRA small business exemption in this article from Ice Miller
Learn about FFCRA documentation and record keeping in this article from Ice Miller
To download and review information regarding SBA loans, please click the links below.
• COVID-19: SBA Loan Programs Presentation from GBQ
• SBA Salary Protection Program
• SBA Disaster Loan Assistance Program
In addition, UACF has made limited funding available to assist small businesses through our Good Neighbor Fund.
Learn about Good Neighbor Fund grants for small businesses in this article
Learn more about applying for funding on this page
Access the Good Neighbor Fund grant application for small businesses here
Again, we want to thank the leadership at GBQ, Murray, Murphy, Moul + Basil, and Ice Miller for hosting and contributing to this important discussion.